A few years ago, I thought America was entering another Golden Age of Television....then, I watched the first episode of "Prodigal Son".......more derivative slathering..... Tim Roth's show, "Lie To Me", choked on its own brilliance .......Tom Payne may be coughing up some dumbed-down idiocy on the phone with one parent and at restaurant tables with the other.......Bring back Hannibal!....at least it was artful and intelligent.....Mark this stuff 'CANCELLED', nevertheless, ......But, then…there is good stuff out there ...even though the proliferation of pay TV options means a lot of it is very niche oriented. There are very few good shows designed to reach a broad audience and several good shows that might appeal to a narrow demographic that one may or may not be a part of. As always though, the time it takes to separate wheat from chaff is often inversely proportional to the value of the few good things one may find. I realize that I am hardly a component of the 'niche market' for much of anything......The 'proliferation' of hundreds of Series, on so many networks and venues, has produced tens of thousands of hours of 'entertainment'......I'm 'looking' for stuff with brains between the ears, of course.....and these are seldom long-lived enough to complete their 'series' runs.......Once their 'ratings' plummet....bang.....they're Over! Most are juvenile, escapist action/magic/role-playing bogus high-seriousness...from their inception, anyway.......Fortunately, I have a Library of meaningful presentations, worthy of a second.....even a 5th viewing......
No comments:
Post a Comment