"Halloween's right around the corner, Reed....and it's our granddaughter's birthday...to boot.....we've given her some of Helen's old jewelry that was Grandmother's, but she didn't seem to like any of it, although it was so darling and cute.....Do you have any advice to give us?".... "Yes....yes!.....that necklace is just plain, old 1950's 'Ugly'......how about these 'bug' earrings....I'd wear them!", I replied, "Your 'precious little girl' is not Haley Mills, she's ....well....more...uh.... Rhoda Penmark-ish......Give her another 'darling' little rhinestone cross or pink-enamelled poodle, and she might push you off the dock!".....I'm not much of a fan of 'Cute', either........that necklace is just butt-ugly, folks! I'll send you the 'bug' earrings....I'm sure your 'little' 'baby girl' will like them......and, I'm sending you a video of Dawn Davenport's reaction to not 'getting' the cha-cha heels she'd been fantasizing about, for X'mas.......
these 'references', I'm certain, were totally 'lost' on these clueless old harbingers of mediocrity.....and, sometimes, 'cuteness' and 'darlingness' just signals the 'disgust' center of some of us's emotional centers......I just gag when I see yet another pink unicorn pony dancing on white, cumulus clouds with 'cute' little cherubs and fairy princesses with sparkly magic wands......have another tasty bug, Renfield,.....those sugar cookies will give you diabetes, after all.....

No comments:
Post a Comment