26 years after the 'gay panic' trial.....I'm reflecting on the hate crime murder of Matthew Shepard....{which is, again, in the 'downer' News, cycling with the O.J. referentiality of continual coverage of the 'bombmobile' journeying down the highway to encapsulate and detonate yet another hate bomb}.... Another example of the learned or inherited behavior of children who are brought up with 'religious' value systems, predicated by cultural, racial, ethnic...well just about 'every'.... prejudicial bias......I thought, this morning, about the Nazi indoctrination of tens of millions in the 1930's and 40's...and the 'religious' brain-washing of hundreds of millions during the 'Dark Ages'..and the ongoing, and...for now and the foreseeable future....perpetuation of "us/them ness" that continues, now......Some words from that horrid saga stick in my mind, 2 decades after America has moved on to the next 'new' 'thing'..: I was not comforted, but angered by the self-satisfying words spoken two decades ago: ["Now, those two people, the accused… I think they deserve the death penalty…Now as for the victim, I know that that lifestyle is legal, but I will tell you one thing. I hope that Matthew Shepard as he was tied to that fence that he had time to reflect on a moment when someone had spoken the word of the Lord to him—and that before he slipped into a coma he had a chance to reflect on his lifestyle." [The Baptist Minister] ] !!! more self-righteous crap from those fools that clasp their hands in prayer to the "God" that they've created as an extension of what they believe is the 'best' in Humanity..... These same people have elected and continue to praise the worse egomaniacal President in American history.....because he represents and expresses, with mocking contemptuousness, what they feel in their primitive reptile brains, masked by the sounds of their voices, lifting in prayer.....moments after expressions of disgust, contempt, envy and hatred toward the 'not us'.......I believe that a revolution/evolution of Consciousness is the most efficient way to modify the ancient genes that, with societal conditioning, still control human behavior.....like the birds that peck to death, a chick that bears just a bit more genetic mutation....like a red dot on its beak.....than is 'allowed' in the prescribed formulation....
No comments:
Post a Comment