Halloween, 2017...my last holiday trip to Kroger! I think that costumes are very empowering, as I encountered 4 children, under 6 or 7, in drug store costumes, engaged in animated and hostel confrontations with their mothers at Kroger, minutes ago....one lad telling his mother that he hated her because she asked him not to hit people up for money in the parking lot.....and super-obese girl, in a pink tutu and ballet outfit with white polyester 'wings' being upbraided by her even more obese mother, who wore a witches outfit, for wolfing down a bag of pink marshmallows......without offering any to 'Mom".......On the way out of the store, a monstrous pink fairy with fluttering wings, wearing sequined high-heels, asked me if I had a cigarette, and when I replied 'No', picked up a butt from the street, then asked if I had a lighter......Inside the drug store, next door, a woman in her late 80's asked the cashier if she could pay for a carton of cigs with food stamps.....then asked me if I would 'loan' her the money to buy them........I scurried home, as fast as possible......Its a mad, mad world out there!....but, then...it iS halloween, isn't it, and I was wearing an Atlanta Prison uniform!

No comments:
Post a Comment