think 'this' is the usual 'color palette' of my meals.....and, at left, a 'once a week' Food.....'broken up with a fork' pastry filled with a basic sauce, vegetables....some animal flesh, and a couple of 'chutneys'.....here, a mint/coriander chutney, over dribbles of a sweet date/fig, ginger, tamarind chutney.......a 'memory tribute' to those Swanson and Morton 'pot pies' that I had, 'after school;, to 'tide me over' until Supper.......I've always preferred 5-7 small meals to 2 or three 'big' meals.....reserving 'big meals' for extravagant Feasts of Excess......and, the inevitable 'weight gain' that ensues.....My maternal grandparents set the example....eating several....even a dozen, at times.....small meals.....My Grandfather weighed 138lbs when he first married....and 133lbs at the time of his death.......no scales, no dieting.....just a 'steady intake' of caloric content......like grazing herbivores.......I've noticed that regular 'meat eaters' tend, like other carnivores, to gorge on huge meals......then "pass out", exhausted from the largesse.....often, obtaining massive girths

No comments:
Post a Comment