Thursday, February 16, 2023

ATTENTION....KROGER SHOPPERS!

 I went to the Kroger Store, that I've shopped at for decades.......The personnel turnover is rapid....and I've witnessed many 'Store Managers/Asst. Managers' as well as cashiers and other employees .....Most of them appear to be 'yes' men/women, following some rather idiotic protocols......as well as noting that spoiled foods, soured milk and 'exploding' cans are regularily just 'marked down' and sold....refrigeration equipment breaking down and the frozen food products thawed, often moved around to other areas, then refrozen with ice crystals having formed over browning/yellowed green vegetables.....iced cream that has melted, then refrozen into hard blocks, bread with blue molds, greyed meat...and on and on....Yet, I've continued, for convience, to shop there ....for the convenience of its location, just up Briarcliff Rd......Yesterday, I went to the Sage Hill Store, got some necessary staples and stood in the only line that had a cashier....all the other 'lanes' were, as usual.....closed.....the young cashier/bagger then accepted two $100 bills from 20 that were still wrapped in a 1994 'wrapper' stamped First National Bank (of Atlanta).....The cashier held the bills up, then walked away....leaving people waiting at the single register that was available and showed the bills to the Store Manager who, then, declined to accept them....telling me that I would have to return home...in rush hour traffic....and get some 'newer' money with magnetic strip in the paper......I was annoyed as s*#t, of course....being treated as though I were some money counterfeiter......I asked that the manager keep my full buggy there, at his office, and returned home....in heavy traffic....got some 'newer money' and drove back to Kroger...only to find that my groceries had been 'returned to stock'....and that I would have to spend another half hour filling another buggy, then....waiting in line....again...at the single register.....Annoyed and angry, I left the Store and returned home with Nothing.....I went to the Kroger Website to report this abusive/suspicious treatment, only to be directed, after a 30 minute wait......'you are next in line' crap to boring elevator music....until a robot asked me what my issue was....During this 'wait' I called a 'higher up customer service number'....again, waited for a long time, until a 'real person' came via phone.....to whom I, once more, explained this dilemma.....and was told, dismissively, that 'we will get back to you about this Issue'.....I gave the 'customer service person' my e-mail address and phone number, expecting to receive a 'call back'.....which was not forthcoming.....My Test Message to Kroger's Robot messenger was deleted, while I was speaking to another 'Representative'.....Aargh!....I noticed a friend, leaving their car to enter Kroger, and gave them a quick rundown of my unpleasant experience, minutes before.....My friend drove off....to Publix...without doing any shopping......Hmmm....So, I've decided to visit some of my neighbors in Druid Hills....door by door....and ask them to boycott Kroger....People who have known me for decades! a wasted and anxiety-filled afternoon...no groceries, some wasted petrol and the annoyance of driving in traffic on B'cliff! Incidentally, after leaving Kroger, I went to a nearby liquor store and spent the 'old' $200 on booze....with no problem...as I handed the cashier the same two bills that had been declined at Kroger......

addendums:

I WILL be asking any of my neighbors anBen Hagler

Oh my! The Krogers here are sleazy and poorly run as well. Going to Publix is almost like stepping in OZ in comparison 😎

d friends with whom I converse, in the future, to boycott Kroger....and am making arrangments to appear on local evening news to speak about this....and am writing a complaint to Consumer Reports, as well.......When asked by the 'real' person at Kroger Customer Service...online.....What I thought was 'right'....I replied that the only satifaction, for me, would be that the Cashier get a copy of the 'register tape' from her register....give it to the Store Manager...and have one of the flunkeys gather up all the items that I had 'tried' to purchase and deliver them to my home....Why should I have to return to the store and do this??? I'm awaiting a reply from Kroger, via phone or email...this morning...before I visit some neighbors and tell them of this Event!


friiends are already commenting: Ellen Thompson

Which Kroger? I just go to Publix. They have cashiers.

Ben Hagler
Oh my! The Krogers here are sleazy and poorly run as well. Going to Publix is almost like stepping in OZ in comparison 😎



Ben Hagler

Oh my! The Krogers here are sleazy and poorly run as well. Going to Publix is almost like stepping in OZ in comparison 😎

3 comments:

vaporcloud said...

Darlene Marcel
I'm so sorry. The best way to get through to them is blasting all over social media and tagging them.

vaporcloud said...

Reed Savage
I was tempted to return with a 1832 $1000 Bill......to pay for my cart of groceries.......it would have, of course, be rejected......😉

vaporcloud said...

the perpetual Issue with rotting vegetables, particularily...Cilantro This is due to the Misting Systems, which persist: https://www.prodew.com/?fbclid=IwAR2AEoG-RgDzbLP22B0AiMk-Fr7Q0anGvDxBCb6clYVZsWvbEGI8Jjqqqgo