Tuesday, January 24, 2023

LEAVE 'IT' ON THE PORCH, BY THE BACK DOOR, PLEASE!





Phone screens seem to have replaced 'eye-to-eye' communication......Everyone wants to see 'what's "ON" everyone else's Phones".....those thumbed in messages, lacking much substance or insight, endless Selfies, and 'look at this!' es......Enough for me to put a sign by the door, saying "Leave your #*@ 'smart' phone in the box...outside my home....and enter, with only 'what's in your head'.....as visitors temporarily abandon their devices, reluctlantly, and begin to twitch their thumbs and index fingers and nervously shake their legs....in Withdrawal from Device Addiction.....My 'phone' is upstairs, probably under the bed, with a depleted battery......and, fortunately, it's 'not-in-handness' is not a source of Anxiety.......and, I don't ' desperately need' to have a conversation with my car or chat with a 'listening' DOT....(admittedly, I must...obviously....'need' to have a full-size keyboard nearby....I'm wondering what Emily Post....or, even an aging Judith Manners, would have to say about the current Formal Table Setting Etiquette.....




No comments: