In our breast and crotch obsessed culture, we are constantly presented explicit and provocative innuendos that sexualize our bodies in every context....with references to double whammies, hindenburgs, spark plugs and torpedoes. Yet......THIS happens! When I was in 8th grade, my home room teacher escorted my friend Lamar to the Principal's office, complaining that Lamar's tight pants revealed his larger than "normal" testicles. After Lamar, embarrassed and shamed by all this attention, was asked to leave the school, as punishment for his naive sexual provocativeness, no one came to his defense. When I made a critical comment to our teacher, I was also asked to "go home"! Later in the year, I was again sent home for refusing to say the "Lord's Prayer" in class and was declared a "trouble-maker"......Fortunately, my parents....the next day......marched into the Principal's office and defended my rights..........Later, I was taken to the volleyball court and beaten, by this same teacher, for refusing to stand, my hand over my heart, and recite the "pledge of allegiance"........
No comments:
Post a Comment