Friday, November 4, 2022

INTENTIONALITY and OBDURATE PURPOSEFULNESS, DROWNING IN THE TEXTING OBLITERATION OF POLYSYNDETONIUS CONJUGATION



absolutely, incredible, really, unbelievable and amazing are the five words that I'm sick of seeing (and hearing) repeatedly...ad nauseam....on Social Media.....as well as 'share'-begging and huge comment boxes with little other than Emojis and, of course.....Puerile Words, in big boxes, ...with little, other than blasé. reactive meaning.....Facebook attitudinal comments are, for the most part, on a 5th grade 'Level'.....[I'm not 'fishing for compliments', Miss Landauer, I'm searching for Intelligent Life, without a soundtrack, emerging from The Cosmos!...even some blank verse from Seamus' waste basket will 'do'......]

What is this, your graduation address from Curmudgeon University? No? .....'

No, 'this' is my letter of intention, for Hogfarts, accompanied by my arrest records from Selma, B'ham, Guntersville, Marietta, Nashville, Decatur and Manhattan.....also enclosed: letters of recommendation from Cleanth Brooks, Allen Ginsberg and Donald Davidson......with some reservations.......I never showed up for 'graduation exercises' at Vandy....

["Ah, here’s the scalawag! Come in, "Reed", come in — You can address the envelopes!"
— Gilderoy Lockhart to Harry Potter]..

I was at a magnetic horse race in the 'break room' of Bldg 4200......not that I would have 'delivered' an Address, anyway.....but rather, sitting in the 'infield', scrawling out some literary-ish Criticism, in the style of Thomas Carlyle....to disguise my more proclivitiously Emersonian intent......


No comments: