Finding an old Paper that I wrote for a Sociology Course in undergraduate school.....A comparison and demonstration of Primate behavior in a particular Scenario...... Monkeys on a beach in Goa would watch humans that were eating fruit. When the humans were facing the monkeys, the monkeys would stay a certain distance away, not approaching the potential food source; however, when the humans turned their backs to the other primates, the monkeys would run up, grab as much fruit as they could carry and run away with it.. I went to the DeKalb Farmers' market this morning and decided, as I left with five bags of 'food', to leave the bags near my vehicle and step 20 yards away...to watch the behavior of others that were leaving the market with their bags of food...,...Every person that passed by the bags would check the contents, look around to see if the foods 'owner' was around..or...if the food had been abandoned at the entrance to the parking area........3 of ten that passed by attempted to pick up the bags and place them in their vehicles....until I accosted them, telling them that 'this is my food!'.........the 3 'food stealers', embarrassed that they had been 'caught', dropped the food and fled to their vehicles.......behaving exactly as the beach monkeys in Goa had done.......Humans ARE monkeys, after all, aren't they....And, for the most part, behave in the same manner in such situations.........
https://youtu.be/8q1MyVUze8M
No comments:
Post a Comment