Monday, December 6, 2021

AN OBSERVATION FROM A DECADE AGO......STILL RELEVANT, IN A LARGELY UNCHANGING SCENARIO........AS NEWSMEN RUSH TO THE LATEST 'CURRENT EVENT'.....ALWAYS, DISASTER, MAYHEM AND DISRUPTION.......



When I was a 10-year old, police were admired by the general public.....kids...not I, of course.....wanted to be cops (or Soldiers, Doctors, Lawyers, or Businessmen) when they 'grew up'.....Now, however, 'policeman' is far, far down on the "I want to be when I grow up" list.......As Big Brother evolves from Corporate control of our government to the more intimate control of individuals, we regret the general public's passive compliance with Authority.....yet, little evidence of mindful opposition is evident.......We have short memories in this ADD world.......right O.J.?......It's always "off to the new Thing".....the latest public fascinations.....the glossy surfaces....the Glamour of it all.....{The photo is of the Houston Police arrest of Juan Parras, executive director of Texas Environmental Justice Advocacy Services, who arrived, outside the Chevron Building to protest the dumping of 8 billion gallons of toxic oil production process waste into unlined pits in the then pristine rainforest, rather than injecting it underground... }. Our "Laws" and the administrators of these "Laws" work for Big Brother, of course......to maintain the 'way things are'......I think that a revolution is forming....if those young enough to have the stamina and will would get off their meaningless twittering and cell phone preoccupations with social media and the thin veneer of Pop Culture's inanities......long enough to look around, with conscious minds, to the World they are creating......and will have to live in!

1 comment:

vaporcloud said...

http://action.sumofus.org/a/chevron-toxico/...