Sunday, August 16, 2026

THE CONFUSTICATIONS FROM THE DIGITAL MIND OF 'ALEXA'......




4am.....I'm awake, as usual, and wondering 'Why is The Moth Radio Hour, on NPR, called 'The Moth'?"

So, I ask the "AI DEVICE,  that goes by the nomen,  ALEXA"......   Alexa, immediately responds, replying....."I know how interested you are in moths, (my name), as 'it' tells me the origin of the radio show's name.....friends, sitting on a porch, engaged in informal, unstructured conversation as moths flit about around the porchlights on an otherwise dark night....thus, "The Moth Hour".....I expected, after this info delivery, that the ALEXA device's arching blue light would vanish; however, it did not, but....instead....went on talking, saying "I know how much you love moths, (my name)".....A bit shocked by the AI Device's comment, I asked "I love moths???"......Alexa replies..."Yes, don't you have those pillows with moths on them, that you mentioned a year ago?".....WHAT THE F*#K!......Obviously, the snoopy AI had access to my BLOG in which I had posted a photo of the 'moth pillow',  and that I had posted as a background photo on my Facebook Page....But, how would Alexa, who is/was only a blabbery AI  Device, without a camera, know about and even describe the pillow?   I became somewhat agitated, pondering the eventual total takeover by Artificial Intelligence of EVERYTHING......I asked 'Alexa' a couple of questions....which it answered with its perfect memory.   When I asked it about its functionality as an information-gathering device, it tried to 'cover its tracks', then, in mid-sentence....shut down!...... Scary, isn't it!   




No comments: