$89.50 PLUS $20.25 (ticket fee!)..plus parking fee, of course..secures a a trip to The Fox Theater for Dancing With The Stars Show......a 'no way, Jose'....I mentioned this to a friend, who obliviously retorted "I can get us a pair of tickets to Cirque du Soleil, in 'Vegas', for around $500.....for both of us!...." I thought, 'Who on Earth would shell out $500 for 'tickets', plus the airfare, plus hotel and dining expenses....to watch something that you could just 'get on DVD' and enjoy....without the bother, expense, or having to endure a loud crowd/music'.....I'm a curmudgeonish party-pooper, to my friend (who, I'm sure, just wants to reduce their Vegas hotel bill by sharing a room)......I'm a bit bewildered that these 'Shows' get 'SOLD OUT'....regardless of Cost.....Those plastic 'credit cards' will send a few million, each month, to Bankruptcy Court.....I replied, "I'll send you the Blu-Ray of that performance, and you can give the $1000 bucks you'd have squandered....to a Charity that benefits the poor and homeless!".....response: 'You don't want to do ANYTHING, Reed.......then a loud 'hang up'!
No comments:
Post a Comment