Monday, January 5, 2026

Check out the 'sticker under the sticker'.......and, while you're 'at it'........ scan the UPC Bar and "QR" Codes....while you're 'at it'.....


Quickly, before your ice cream and popsicles melt into that marked-down, torn bag of cat litter....





ever a watchdog for consumers.... at Kroger, i observed a mid-twenties woman placing a container of frozen chicken livers into her basket, and noticed the yellow 'mark down' sticker on it.......$2.29.....I asked her if that was the reason that she was making this purchase.. She replied, "I always shop for 'mark-downs'!"....I asked if I might peel back the price tag......she seemed confused...after all, I was a total stranger.....beneath the 'SALE' ticket was the 'old price', clearly printed on the plastic container: $1.49!!.....She asked me 'how did you know that?'.....Duh!.....I directed her to some 'mark-down' bread that was now hard as a chunk of granite.......How about those $2.79 light bulbs that can be purchased...right next door...at the drug store....for 2/$1.49.....
"A fool and his/her money are soon parted"....John Bridges, 1587

No comments: