Friday, August 8, 2025

UNLIKE DOGS AND MOST OTHER ANIMALS......MOST HUMANS ARE REPELLED BY THE 'NATURAL ODORS' OF OUR BODIES.....

a friend with bushy armpits called me, on his way to a luncheon, asking if I had some deodorant that he could 'borrow'.....his A/C was on the blitz.....so, he was 'sweating like a hog'......I didn't 'lecture' him, but gave him an opened Calvin Klein Stick Deodorant that has been on my 'medicine cabinet' for 20 years or so.......He shoved the stick under his short sleeves, swiping it over his pits, that changed their 'smell' to a 'French Pit scent' of bergamot/lemon/civet, masking an acrid, putrid, 'skunkiness'....and left, feeling confidently 'scented'.......I said 'wait!'.....took his wet shirt and 'blew it dry' with the wall-mounted hair/body dryer....and handed him a shaker of talc..... as I stood there, sniffing my own pits......before shaking some Emami sandal talc into them.....leaving me 'smelling' like a Louis XIV French geranium/primrose/thyme/basil salad.......















No comments: