
My experience with the APD has led me to think it basically incompetent......When I was burglarized at my home in Buckhead, in 1971, the "detective" in charge told me that anyone who lived as I did....whatever he was inferring was not clear to me.......DESERVED to be robbed!.......although there was lots of evidence, the case was shelved after the "report"...which is usual and normal.......When my Antique Shop was burglarized.....3 times!....in one incidence, the police "lost" the evidence.....another time, when some of the stolen jewelry was found, and the suspect confessed to having taken it, a police report made a notation of this, AND I discussed the matter with the detective.......the thief was acquitted, without trial...and without my appearing to testify....because the assistant DA was paid off and all the records were expunged.......THAT WAS A SHOCKER! I thought the thief would have gone to prison...but NO....he didn't even have to spend a day in jail! He was actually bailed out by an ex-employee who had also been stealing from the business! When Stefan was murdered, in cold blood, in the store......the case was soon dropped, due to a heavy case load on the "understaffed" detectives who were supposedly handling the case. I had to drop the investigation and prosecution of Jeffrey Meyer and Peter Bathaung because I was receiving death threats for prosecuting......I was advised by my attorney to drop the matter because the system was totally corrupt and that Peter COULD and WOULD have me murdered for "interfering" with his life of crime......THE PSYCHOPATH!........there is no record of his crime now on file!!!........another PAYOFF! Do I seem cynical........Duh! I've had a car, 2 bicycles (on two separate occasions), over a million in jewelry, some of my confidence and self-esteem and much of my trust and devotion taken by thieves.......I've been ripped off by 2 of the goldsmiths that I trusted and even got work them work from Tiffany's, Neiman's and Cartier, ......Both of the goldsmiths WALKED......Paladin was arrested and jailed, but posted bail and was released......and simply moved to North Carolina before his trial and the APD wouldn't bother to extradite him! Ron Downing had "connections" within the APD and his case was also dropped.........Nothing came of Stefan's Death Investigation although it was "hot news" for a week.......TV, radio and the tabloids quickly moved on the the latest crimes which displaced this one in the public's interest........I finally closed the business rather than experience yet another nervous breakdown and the total erosion of what confidence in Humanity was left in my tattered and bruised Psyche..........Life ain't like TV or the movies....justice and fair play, honesty, compassion and virtue are rare commodities if my life experiences are any indication..........So.....I have become something of a hermit and avoid, as much as possible, much of the outside......I resent this feeling that knaws at me, because the World should be much better.....people should be much better....but I can't make it that way....I can hardly keep the garbage and trash, thrown from passing cars ....into my yard......bagged and ready for the sanitation department to pick up............Perhaps I should have chosen to live in a lovely little closed community surrounded by enormous stone walls and protected by a small army.......and live, dancing with flower petals falling and beautiful music always playing, where gentle and thoughtful people don't even know what first-person killing games ARE.......but that would be total fantasy for that Arcadia does not exist, I'm afraid...... I'm truly sad that this has happened, and I am aware of how the long-term effects of such activities shapes our thoughts and feelings........My advice is to be careful, although I am not very much that way myself.....It's not my nature to be suspicious and watchful although I have become both hyper-vigilant and neurotically prepossessed to anticipate the worse in people....which is sad and undeserved......However, much that happens is a result of what we expect and anticipate.......
The Art of Analog Diversion by Stargarden
No comments:
Post a Comment