Saturday, July 11, 2026

YET THOSE '30 DAYS OF LOVE' WERE, IN THE LONG RUN, JUST A GLOB OF RESPITE...LEAVING BEHIND LOTS OF TRASH......



watching the excellent documentary on a very romanticized Woodstock Music Festival, "3 Days That Changed Everything" last week.....I thought of the 'reality' of the aftermath.....sharing some past experienced with an old friend, who was reminiscing about how 'it was' or 'how it used to be'.....well, all that illusory nostalgia, from which historical, critical assessment has been stripped to favor the perfection of 'the Past'........when she commented, "Wasn't it beautiful......wasn't it just perfect?!!!"....I couldn't resist commenting with this 'aftermath' photo.....which commemorates the first large scale spread of plastic garbage during a single event.......She commented, as I expected, "You are so cynical.......it wasn't that way at all!"......well, a picture is worth 9 words.......I thought of all those farmers that were left with this mess to clean up as America's stoned youth moved on to the next "Event".....

No comments: