Friday, December 23, 2022

INCREASINGLY, THERE'S NO EXCAPING THE FLOOD OF PERSISTENT ADVERTISING....

awake, early this morning, I wanted to watch the Alton Brown Good Eats episode on 'waffles' that had been recorded on the DirecTV DVR...... However, and disgustingly......when I pressed 'fast forward' to avoid the barrage of annoying advertisements that I have, absolutely, refused to watch...for years....[one of the reasons that I have a DVR to begin with].....This MESSAGE popped up: "Fast-Forward and Rewind are not available for ads."........Thus, compelling viewers, already shelling out bucks to 'not see ads'....to be forced to endure them.......as much as 20 minutes of every hour of 'programming'..........RESIST! or just be a 'CONSUMER" of even more psychological manipulation, engineered to sell Americans more Crap.........the Political ads are even more egregious than the food and drugs ads......I also noticed that, when I pressed "pause"....I just received Cartoon Santa pics with 'banners' like... "NBA League Pass Free Forward.......Tune to Channel 'X" to ORDER 'TODY'.......and other ads for IdiotVision Viewing Vomitus......and ads for other DIRECTV Channels,....'Extra Pack' and....well....more 'ways' to shell out more cash to DIRECTV...... What's FOMO? I"m being told, onscreen, that 'it' is "real!".....Then, eventually.....back to Waffle making for 5 minutes, before another barrage of ads for DOGTV's 'free preview' and previews of Paddington Bear, Wonder and Shrek2.......Where's the brick!  

so...no fast-forwarding,,,..and even being punished for trying to pause the inundation of ads.....by having to endure even more ads, until being returned to the barrage, after pressing the 'pause' button again.......ads, within ads........NYET! Coming Soon?.....The "ORWELL CHANNEL'"......

No comments: