Wednesday, September 22, 2010

NORTHERN LEASING SYSTEMS, INC.



My business was in Atlanta, where I had a business for many years. Without discussing this with me, an employee, who was "sold" on the idea of a "new" credit card machine {and incidentally......we owned a machine which was perfectly adequate....and we did not have to "lease"}......and forged my signature, obtaining this new device. I was unaware of this, and had not been approached about this. I did notice that there was a new machine and commented, "New charge card reader?"......After our business was repeatedly robbed and my manager was shot and murdered at our business location in the fashionable Buckhead district of Atlanta, I closed the business, stressed and upset by the chilling events that had taken place. Months later, I noticed that there was an automatic debit to the still open account for this business and that Northern Leasing had been debiting this account for some time, although there were no business transactions and the "machine" was retired to a shelf. I called Northern Leasing and was informed that the business had been "leasing" this device. This was news to me, since I had neither seen a contract and had certainly never signed one! I offered to return the device to Northern Leasing, but this was not acceptable to Northern Leasing, who informed me that "I" had signed a contract for a 60 month term!!!!........ I was in the middle of a complete nervous breakdown which had been brought on by the murder and robbery and was very disturbed that Northern Leasing called my home hundreds of times, leaving threatening messages that were very stressful.. Eventually I obtained a copy of the Lease and noted that the signature that appeared on the Lease bore no resemblance to my handwriting..... At the demand of their "Legal" department, Joseph I. Sussman, 132 West 31st St, Suite 1504, New York, N.Y. 10001 (212)457-8590, I went to my bank and obtained a notarized copy of my signature and forwarded this to this department to demonstrate to them that I had NEVER signed ANYTHING and tried to explain that I was not even aware of any of this until I began to receive intimidating correspondence and phone calls at my home. Later, I was asked to go to New York City for my "trial"........and, thinking this was all preposterous, did not fly there... Later, I was informed that there was a judgement against me and that "they" would go to the ends of the earth to extract the money "that I owed them!!!".........Yesterday, I received correspondence from my bank, instructing me that it was "holding the above funds to satisfy this legal order pending further instructions from the court or attaching party." A couple of hours ago, I received a telephone call from Matt Milman, who represented Josepth Sussman Law Firm, requesting that I remit the funds to "satisfy my debt"! I am very upset, not only that this seems to never end: that my Bank was collaborative with this "judgment"; that my Bank never called me regarding this; that Northern Leasing actually knew my bank balance, as it was revealed to me by Mr. Milman; and that Mr. Milman told me that there was no record of my notarized signature, although this was performed before a bank officer and sent to Northern Leasing Offices.

1 comment:

vaporcloud said...

yesterday, Mr. Milman admitted that Northern Leasing had my notarized signature.....but why would I think NL would produce this in court, since I did not fly to New York to "defend" my position. aarrrgh!!