Sunday, February 21, 2010

Cigarette tax increases.....


Georgia may legislate another buck tax on a pack of cigs. This, predictably, has smokers enraged! I think that since half of medicare expenses are for the care of those with smoking-related illnesses; it is a scientifically proven fact that smoking is devastatingly dangerous; smokers stink up cars, homes, their own clothing.....and pollute the air around them, and set bad examples to children who watch and learn.......smokers should acquiesce to changing societal mores regarding their addiction. Each morning I pick up a dozen to 3 dozen butts, tossed from the windows of passing cars...into my yeard....I am increasingly critical of those who cling to the addiction......I wish the tax were even more! The tax increase would still not be enough to offset the expense to taxpayers for all the associative problems that the habit produces.......If someone resents paying the tax, just quit the noxious habit!

No comments: