Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"Sir, you'll just have to Wait for it to arrive!"

We cannot locate either your Package ID, Sequence Number or Shipment Control Number






item "x" has arrived at SCF, a P&DC of USPS. (whatever that means)
if you have questions, please call 1.800.500.2224,
[where we will place you on hold for half an hour..then drop the call!]





What is the purpose of a tracking number when a package is obviously stuck in some sort of delivery loop, computer glitch or failure to scan or process data. It’s a one-day delivery trip from Marietta to Atlanta. Nearly two weeks of waiting, and the only thing I get from this tracking technology is that I must continue to wait? And, while I'm on the 30 minute "hold for assistance", I'm reminded that USPS is raising it's rates, yet another time...during a recession..thereby driving up retail prices and inflation, again.....

It’s a sham, isn’t it? They have no ability to diagnose or debug or actually track the package, regardless of what the name of the feature implies.

I can’t believe they told me to wait. I don’t want to wait; I want them to find it. That, however, is not going to happen

No comments: